Acne Scarring Treatment at the Buckinghamshire Acne Clinic
Acne and acne scarring are common skin conditions that affects millions of people around the world. It can be treated successfully and in-clinic or it can be treated unsuccessfully. The choice of an advanced skin clinic for acne and acne scaring is critical.
Sometimes the milder acne can just vanish on its own, but often it does need professional treatment. However, while it can be treated and managed, it can leave behind scars that are often just as frustrating and embarrassing as the acne itself.
Acne scarring can take many forms, and each type requires a different approach when it comes to treatment. Again, it is important to find an advanced skin clinic, such as the Skin Revision Clinic in Buckinghamshire, in order to understand the necessary options available.
Should acne scarring treatment be allowed, then the correct professional skin technician will be able to significantly reduce the acne scaring to leave the skin smoother and far more healthy.
In this article, we will explore the types of acne scarring and the various treatments that are available, including those offered at the Skin Revision Clinic in Buckinghamshire.
Types of Acne Scarring
There are several types of acne scarring, including:
- Ice pick scars: Ice pick scars are deep and narrow scars. They are usually quite small and look like they were made by an ice-pick. They are often the result of severe cystic acne and can be difficult to treat in-clinic.
- Boxcar scars: These are shallow to medium-depth scars that have a box-like shape with sharp edges. They are usually wider than ice pick scars and can be either round or oval.
- Rolling scars: These are shallow to medium-depth scars that have a wavy or rolling appearance. They are usually wider than ice pick scars and have a smooth, rounded edge.
- Hypertrophic scars: These are raised, thickened acne scars that are often red or purple in colour. They occur when the body produces too much collagen during the healing process.
- Keloid scars: These are similar to hypertrophic acne scars, but they extend beyond the boundaries of the original wound. They are more common in people with darker skin tonesn or black skin.
Treatments for Acne Scarring
There are several treatments available for acne scarring, and the right one for you will depend on the type and severity of your scarring. Here are some of the most common treatments used at the Skin Revision Clinic in Buckinghamshire:
- DMK MD Skincare: DMK offers paramedical skincare protocols that use a unique blend of enzymes, proteins, and vitamins to promote healing and rejuvenation of the skin. DMK treatments can be customized to target specific skin concerns, including acne scarring. DMK treatments can help to reduce the appearance of scars by promoting collagen production and increasing blood flow to the affected area.
- Microneedling/Skin Needling: Microneedling is a minimally invasive treatment that involves using tiny needles to create microscopic injuries in the skin. This triggers the body’s natural healing process and stimulates collagen production. Over time, this can help to reduce the appearance of acne scars. At the Skin Revision Clinic, microneedling is performed using a medical-grade device that is designed to minimize discomfort and maximize results.
- Plaxel Plasma: Plaxel plasma is a non-invasive treatment that uses a pen-like device to deliver a controlled burst of plasma energy to the skin. This stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which can help to reduce the appearance of acne scars. Plaxel plasma is a safe and effective treatment that can be used on all skin types and colours to tighten the skin and leave it looking firm, clean and bright.
All of these treatments are available at the Skin Revision Clinic, which serves clients for acne and acne scarring from the towns of High Wycombe, Marlow, Beaconsfield, Gerrards Cross, and other nearby areas. On contacting the Buckinghamshire skin clinic, you will speak to Jacqui Bannister, who is the owner and skin expert there.
Acne scarring can be a frustrating and embarrassing problem, but it is not something that you have to live with forever. As mentioned, there are many effective treatments available that can help to reduce the appearance of scars and restore your skin to the more youthful state, pre-acne.
If you live in the Buckinghamshire area and are looking for a reliable and effective solution to your acne scarring, be sure to check out the Skin Revision Clinic and schedule your appointment consultation
Telephone 01494 341262