30 – 40 minutes
Your treatment is likely to be a combination of DMK paramedical skin revision treatments and LED light therapy. At your skin consultation, we can determine what is triggering your Rosacea. We can then make a judgment on the treatment plan required to reduce and remove your Rosacea.
There is a small amount of downtime following your treatment for the scars. Whether you have DMK or micro- needling/skin needling, your face will be red. This redness will subside during the day. LED does help calm the skin down.
UV rays from the sun are very likely to have an effect on your Rosacea. Sun damage is the biggest common factor in Rosacea and skin ageing. Apply a minimum of SPF 30 every day to exposed facial skin. Wear sunglasses in the sun. Wear a wide-brimmed hat that creates a shadow over the face. Stay out of direct sunlight as much as is practical, especially if you have fair skin.
Exposure to increased heat can trigger rosacea according to the National Rosacea society. Spending long periods on frequent days in warm rooms increases a higher blood flow and increases sweating rates.
Unfortunately, working out or cardio causes sweating which can increase the risk of Rosacea. If you are prone to Rosacea, try shorter periods of working out to minimise the sweating in the pores.
There is strong evidence from the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, that there is a connection between alcohol and Rosacea. It is actually thought to be the most common reason why people develop Rosacea when they get to age 30 and upwards. Alcohol contains histamine which is a known chemical that does not allow the body to break down the alcohol. Red wine is particularly bad for Rosacea.
Too much spicy food over many years will help bring on Rosacea and redness to the forehead, chin, cheeks and nose. If you are prone to Rosacea then take caution and try and avoid too many of the spicy foods you crave.
Unfortunately one treatment is not enough. After your in-depth consultation, you will need a number of treatments every month and the use of particular prescribed products by us, at home. Along with managing your lifestyle, you will find the Rosacea being reduced and even removed for a much longer period of time than you will have experienced before.
Medical studies have shown that Rosacea patients who continue skin therapy for the long termm are less likely to experience a recurrence of symptoms.
The signs and symptoms tend to become more severe as you get older and without any treatment. In a National Rosacea Society survey, about half of rosacea sufferers had said that without having any treatment, their condition had advanced, within a year, from early to middle stage within a year. Fortunately, with treatment and managing the lifestyle, rosacea can be controlled to a degree over the longer term.
Rosacea is a chronic disorder, rather than a short-term condition, and is often characterized by relapses and remissions. According to the National Rosacea society, A study of 48 previously diagnosed rosacea patients, found that 52 percent still had active Rosacea, with an average ongoing duration of 13 years. The remaining 48 percent had cleared,.The average duration of their rosacea had been nine years.
Although the incidence of Rosacea in children is not too common, it can happen, especially on the eyelids. Rosacea often runs in families. If this is the case, it would be prudent to look out for the early signs in children and act accordingly by speaking to a doctor or a skin clinic such as ourselves in Beaconsfield.
The National Rosacea Society is the world’s largest organization for Rosacea support. It offers information and educational services to hundreds of thousands of Rosacea patients each year.
Rosacea sufferers can find online chat groups and forums through Facebook and rosacea-support.org.
Sunlight, Heat (warm rooms), Exercise, Alcohol, Genetics, Stress, Hair Spray, Spicy Food, and Skin Products.
Acne treatments at the Skin Clinic in Beaconsfield, start from £135. This still represents enormous value. It is a journey that we and all our previous and existing clients believe in. The products are paraben-free and work with your own body’s chemistry.